Sunday, August 31, 2008

Books etc

Well it is Sunday afternoon here and I ususally get quite a bit of stitching done but due to a headache that seems to be getting worse as they day goes by not much is being done. I had a little sleep around lunch time.

Thursday DH & I went to the Library. I always manage to come away heavily laden with books. I just can't help myself. I had put a hold on 2 books and both had come in. When I saw the front cover of one I went Yikes this book will give me nightmares why ever did I put a hold on it. So I decided to check the book out (The library has a self checking out centre) and then walked over and returned the book. DH was laughing so much. I thought it was a brilliant idea as if I had just left it on the hold shelf it would have taken ages to go back into the system. Then on Saturday the Kingscliff had a book come in that I had on hold so now I have 4 books to get through. Here is what they are. I am reading Deep Storm - Lincoln Child
See post Above.

I have just finished reading "The Guernsey Literacy & Potato Peel Pie Society "- Mary Ann Shaffer. We are doing this at book club. At first I wasn't to sure about it and kept putting off reading it. Was I pleasantly surprised. I loved it and it is such a delightful story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails